REPOXYBLE will have two main results, answering specific needs.
Trying to respond to the main current trends in the transport sector, REPOXYBLE aims to develop new bio-based, lightweight, sustainable and multifunctional epoxy-based composites for the aeronautics and automotive study cases.
Epoxy resins dominate the composites market due to their chemical resistance and excellent thermomechanical properties. However, they are impractical to recycling is they cannot be dissolved or reshaped unless using large amounts of energy.
A sustainable approach that allows closed loop recycling is needed to meet environmental demands.
New TRL5 DCLE systems that feature a full closed loop recycling, demonstrating:
- Up to 50-80% of biobased materials
- Up to 85% of recovered monomers as raw materials
- Manufactured parts from up to 100% recycled components with up to less 10% property loss
- Retrieving up to 85% of unharmed inorganic additives
Lightweighting and integrating new functionalities beyond structural performance will save additional costs, enable higher autonomy and fuel economies.
Novel production techniques to reduce energy consumption during composites manufacturing providing a cost-effective procedure.
- Up to 75% cost saving for recycled carbon fibres
- Up to 20% reduction in CO2 emissions measured by LCA 3 integrated functionalities:
- Graphene foils for thermal management
- Laser assisted circuits to reduce wiring weight
- Graphene self-sensing printed sensors to enhance part durability
One data driven energy efficient manufacturing approach that will reduce energy up to 50%.
This is the list of public deliverables you can download freely
D1.7 Materials safety assessment report
D3.5 Safety and Sustainability analysis of upscaling strategies
D4.5 Proofs of concepts manufacturing, testing and validation
D4.6 Report on the safety and sustainability assessment of the REPOXYBLE solution
D4.7 Prepared manuscript about the environmental impacts of 2 applications for the aeronautic and automotive sector
D5.1 Performance analyses and market opportunities
D5.2 Business models design dossier incl. market analyses
D5.3 REPOXYBLE Exploitation strategies and business plans
D5.5 Fulfilment of SSbD criteria for epoxy composites, REPOXYBLE SSbD DSS and user manual
D5.6 Report on value cycles for reversed logistics incl. stakeholder workshop
D6.1 Dissemination toolbox
D6.2 Plan for the dissemination including communication activities
D6.3 Collection of brief white papers
D6.4 Report on Open Innovation Workshops
D7.1 Data Management Plan (DMP)